CRV is a specific form of applied parapsychology.
There are three parts to the process and structure of any form of applied parapsychology:
- A person who wants information.
- A much-debated source of psychic information - defined as various things.
- A person who acts as a "conduit" between the two - in the case of CRV, a "Controlled Remote Viewer", or "CRVer".
There is no way to control the random needs of random people who need. There is also no way to control the much debated "source of psychic information", no matter how it is defined by any one person or group. Therefore, if you want to control the process, you control the case, (the remote viewer).
Better yet, you teach the remote viewer to control him/herself. This is far from being as easy as it sounds. It takes strenuous training, practice, and a strict set of "protocols" for a remote viewer to keep his/her mind from polluting the information as it passes through. Therefore, CONTROLLED Remote Viewing is defined as follows:
Controlled Remote Viewing (CRV) is a very highly controlled set of physical/mental protocols which allow a person to bring something which lies hidden within the subconscious mind to the surface, and objectify it.
The protocols not only take care of the processes of finding the hidden thoughts/emotions/etc., and bringing them to the surface, but also the process of keeping them "clean" of pollution from the imagination, and from emotions, desires, fears, and other contaminants which lie closer to the surface of a person's conscious awareness, and which would tend to "color" them incorrectly.
Put most simply, CRV is a highly structured methodology which allows a person to set up a path between his/her conscious and subconscious minds for the purpose of passing questions one way and answers the other, without the fear of pollution along the way.
During the days the U.S. military used CRV, it gave the following definition for it to its would-be customers:
"Controlled remote viewing is the structured, scientific use of natural human potential for the acquisition of no-nonsense, real-world information without being dependent on:
- The normal five senses
- Prior or existing knowledge about the target
- Help or information from other people
- Logical deductions
- 'Equipment' such as photographs, electronics or other devices." (in remote viewing, the person is the equipment)
However, as said above, CRV is a SPECIFIC form of applied parapsychology. It has the following features:
- It is a physical activity, not a purely mental one, in that it uses the body's autonomic nervous system to act as a "translator" between the subconscious and conscious minds - which normally don't "talk" to each other. This requires a discipline of physical, as well as mental training.
- It is done in the waking state, not in a trance, altered state, or state of "rapture" or "possession" by some "entity".
- It doesn't care about the source of the information, but instead about the process of getting that information out onto paper where it can be reported. Each viewer, according to his/her own religious or cosmological frame of mind is free to believe in anything they want as the information's source. CRV is only concerned with the process of retrieving that information and reporting it.
- It was developed for "real world" applications, not for spiritual, "other dimensional", or other such reasons. It was developed for military and political information gathering. As such, it is best suited for "real world" applications, such as medical (physical) diagnostics, business information collection, police work, and other applications which apply to the real, physical world around us. It is not well suited to working with people 's auras, with ETs (UFOs), other dimensions, past lives, etc. etc.
- It takes a great deal of training and practice. While the beginner can do amazingly well on simple targets, the progress from beginner to master is a long one, and requires not only learning and practicing the structure and protocols, but also a mastery over self.
- It does not take great quantities of natural talent. It is trainable to almost anyone. What is required to go from beginner to master is nothing more than enough self-discipline to do the practice and exercises.
- The public is now being deluged with advertising about other forms of "RV", usually termed "SRV", "TRV", "XRV", etc. These are usually very shallow and less structured derivatives of the CRV process, while others are simply unstructured methods being called "remote viewing". Many of these forms of "RV" training courses train their students with ethereal, spiritual, or "other worldly" targets. Standard CRV uses ONLY "real-world" targets for training: targets which can provide exact feedback on and accurate evaluation of work performed in the class. Many of these courses say that if the student finds information found by a majority of other students, then their information must be correct. This is totally unacceptable to proper CRV training.
- CRV develops "viewer profiles" on each viewer. This is performed through modern databasing of work performed, using absolutely no-nonsense evaluation against real-world feedback.